Wind and Roof Damage
Services we offer:
- Fire Damage: Board Up Service, Structural Cleaning, Content Restoration, Content Inventory, Pack out & Storage
- Water Damage: Structural Drying, Document Drying, Mold Remediation, Raw Sewage Cleanup
- Electronic & Equipment Restoration
- Odor Control
- Catastrophic Storm Response: Debris Removal Service, Wind Damage, Tree Removal
- Lead Abatement
- Biohazard & Crime Scene Cleanup
TIPS to minimize wind damage
Check your home in advance
- Examine the sheathing from the attic and replace missing nails.
- Ensure end gables are securely fastened to the rest of the roof.
- Make sure double entry doors are secured at the top and bottom to avoid pressure on roof and walls.
- Be sure your garage door is secure to prevent excessive wind from entering.
- If you live in an area prone to tornados or high winds prepare your family or business in advance.
Having the right insurance for wind damage is critical. Renter‚Äôs or homeowner‚Äôs policies cover many things, but they may still be inadequate. Contact your insurance agent to find out about your coverage before you need it.
Missing shingles, damaged siding or structural damage
Wind is one of the most common causes of exterior structural damage. When damage is left unrepaired, interior damage soon follows.
Strong winds can pull siding away from buildings, tear shingles off of roofs and blow water in areas that are not meant to get wet. It can also snap power lines and poles, which can lead to much bigger problems. Some wind damage to homes and buildings are obvious and some damage is more subtle, but damage is all the same.
How can I tell if I have roof damage?
During high winds the shingles on your roof can come loose or crease. Missing shingles or siding damage is usually evident from the ground; however, identifying creased shingles requires a roof-top inspection. Quick visual checks can help you spot damage:
- Look for any shingles lying on the ground.
- Look at the roof to see if shingles are lifted, damaged or missing
- Walk around the structure to check all sides for damage.
- Check interior for signs of water such as water stains on ceilings.
Repairing damage varies by situation. Sometimes minor repairs can return the structure back to the original condition. But, more extensive damage can mean whole roof replacements or replacement of elevations of siding. If repairs cannot be done immediately, Clarke Contractors can send emergency crews for cleanup, tarp off or board up.
We provide free estimates for repair on siding, roofing, awning, gutters, soffits, fascia, decks, garage doors and windows.
We will be on site and prepared to assist you and your insurance company when you need it most.
Keep our number handy
You may not need us now but if you experience wind or roof damage, call Clarke Contractors 24 hours a day/7 days a week/365 days a year.